- An HDTV will not fit into our current entertainment set, thus, a new TV stand needs to be purchased.
- My family currently stays at a 3bedroom apartment and space is limited. No matter how nice they look, HDTVs will look best at a place that we own, not rent.
- Can I really say that we NEED the HDTV? Or am I just buying it for playing the Wii? If the latter is true, then, this is the most expensive Wii accessory.
- A friend who I shared my plan to purchase teased me for being American-ized on this purchase. Acquiring stuff on credit, interest free or not, is an American way of living.
- $50 is enough to send 2 children in Africa to school for a month.
- And finally, HDTVs cause cancer and premature aging. (HA!)
So, we'll be settling for a RCA 27" Tube SDTV, 27F554T instead. (See image below) It's still a TV, and is fully prepared for digital broadcasting at that. I'm going to look back at this decision as one of the smartest I've made so far.