Wednesday, November 1, 2006

IT Consultant

I thought that if you worked in IT, it will allow you to be on the Internet full time. That's how I viewed it way back in 1998. A friend chided me for thinking that the "I" in IT stands for "Internet". For me back then, it wasn't far from the truth. (Lest someone gets confused, here's the Wikipedia entry on IT Consultancy).

I majored in Chemistry as an undergrad. The day I took my oath as a chemist was my last day on that field. I shifted careers and never looked back. I'll be 10 years on this profession next June. Looking back, it has been a most fulfilling one -and will still be for the next 10 years or so. Then, I'd shift to being a high school math teacher. Or a house husband. Or maybe a stage dad. Who knows?

But I digress. Being an IT consultant has brought me to places I've never thought I'd visit. It made me a resident alien here in the US. It brings food to the table. And on occassions, it could be real nice food. I'm very thankful for this career. It's far from being over.

No comments: